Commonwealth Games 2022 LIVE: After a historic day yesterday at the Commonwealth Games (CWG 2022) in Birmingham where the women’s lawn bowls team won the first-ever gold medal in the event and the men’s TT team defended their gold against Singapore, the Indian contingent is looking to increase their medal tally. Indian athletes will compete in the women’s shot put final, men’s high-jump final, lawn bowls, and boxing. Advait Page, Kushagra Rawat will also feature in men’s 1500m freestyle swimming final. The women’s cricket T20 team will face Barbados later tonight. The day’s action will also be dominated by the weightlifting events, featuring Lovpreet Singh, Purnima Pandey and Gurdeep Singh. Squash player Saurav Ghosal will seek to beat England’s James Wiltrop for a bronze medal. India’s mixed badminton team won the silver medal after losing to Malaysia 3-1. Olympic medalist PV Sindhu had helped India rebound from the men’s doubles defeat. President Droupadi Murmu yesterday congratulated the Indian badminton team for winning silver medal and said “the skills, team work and fighting spirit displayed by them are remarkable”. The women’s hockey team will be up against Canada today and will look to get their campaign back on track. Women’s hockey team yesterday went down 1-3 to England and were placed third in the pool behind table toppers England and Canada, who too have six points but have a better goal difference to be placed higher. The men’s hockey team will also face Canada today.
!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Indian weightlifter Lovepreet Singh starts clean and jerk round with successful 185kg lift
Weightlifter Lovepreet Singh lifts 163kg in his third attempt in ‘snatch’ round. Jack Opeloge from Samoa lifts 164 kg.
Commonwealth Games 2022 LIVE Updates: Judoka Deepak Deswal beats Eric Jean Sebastien of Cameroon to progresses to the men’s 100kg quarterfinals
Commonwealth Games 2022 LIVE Updates: Lawn Bowls
India’s Mridul Borgohain beats Chris Locke of Falkland Islands in men’s singles – section D – round 2 match
Commonwealth Games 2022 LIVE Updates: India vs Canada on hockey arena
India’s men’s and women’s hockey teams will play against Canada today. All eyes will be on the Indian eves who will be facing Canada in a must-win game, after losing 1-3 to England. A win for India’s women’s hockey team will take them to semi-finals. The men’s hockey team will also look to beat Canada after a 4-4 draw against England in their second pool B match. The men’s team had started the campaign with a thumping 11-0 win over Ghana. The women’s hockey match is scheduled at 3.30 pm, while the men will play their match at 6.30 pm.
Commonwealth Games 2022 LIVE Updates: Mithali Raj congratulates yesterday’s medal winners
Kudos to the Indian men’s table tennis team for successfully defending their title. The badminton mixed team and… https://t.co/uw9p8qSm14
— Mithali Raj (@M_Raj03) 1659513318000
Commonwealth Games 2022 LIVE Updates: Weightlifter Lovepreet Singh in action soon
Weightlifter Lovepreet Singh will compete in the men’s 109 kg category at 2 pm. He had bagged the gold medal in 2017 Commonwealth Junior Championships and a silver medal in 2021 Commonwealth Senior Championships
Commonwealth Games 2022 LIVE Updates: India women’s team up against Barbados in T20 match
In a virtual knockout match, the women’s T20 team will be up against Barbados today. The Indian women’s T20 team had lost to Australia but defeated arch rivals Pakistan comprehensively. While Barbados should be an easy opponent, they had also defeated Pakistan and are currently placed third in the group of four. Both India and Barbados have two points in their kitty, but India is placed second with a better run rate.
Commonwealth Games 2022 LIVE Updates: 29 gold medals up for grabs in Commonwealth Games today
Commonwealth Games 2022 LIVE Updates: India’s schedule at the Commonwealth Games on day 6
- Women’s Shot Put final – Manpreet Kaur (12.35 am on Thursday)
- Men’s high jump final – Tejaswin Shankar (11.30pm IST)
- Men’s Discus Throw Final – Aneesh Kumar Surendran Pillai, Devendra Gahlot, Devender Kumar (1:15 am IST on Thursday)
- 45kg-48kg (minimum weight) – quarterfinals -Nitu Ganghas (4.45 pm)
- 48-50 kg (light flyweight) – quarterfinals – Nikhat Zahreen (11.15 PM)
- 66-70 kg (light middleweight) -quarter-finals – Lovlina Borgohain (12.45 am on Thursday)
- 54-57 kg (featherweight) – quarterfinals – Hussam Uddin Mohammed (5.45 pm)
- 75-80 kg (light heavyweight) – quarter-finals – Ashish Kumar (2.00 AM on Wednesday)
- Women’s T20 – India v Barbados – 10.30 PM IST
- Women’s Pool A – India versus Canada 03.30 PM IST
- Men’s Pool B – India versus Canada – 06.30 PM IST
- Women’s 78kg quarter-finals – Tulika Mann – 2.30 PM IST onwards
- Men’s 100kg elimination round of 16 – Deepak Deswal – 2.30 PM IST onwards
- Men’s Singles – Mridul Borgohain – 1 PM IST and 4 PM IST
- Women’s Pair – India versus Niue – 1 PM IST and 4 PM IST
- Men’s Four – India versus Cook Islands and England – 7.30 PM IST and 10.30 PM IST
- Women’s Triple – India versus Niue (07.30 PM IST)
- Women’s Pairs – India vs South Africa (4PM IST)
- Men’s Four – India v England (10:30 PM IST)
- Men’s 1500m Freestyle Final – Advait Page, Kushagra Rawat (12:42 am IST onwards on Thursday)
- Men’s Singles Bronze Medal Match – Saurav Ghoshal vs James Wiltrop (Eng) (9:30 PM IST)
- Mixed Doubles round of 32 vs. Sri Lanka – 03.30 PM IST
- Women’s Singles – Sunanya Kuruvilla vs. Mary Fung-A-Fat (2:30 PM)
- Women’s Singles – Baby Sahana Ravi vs Faith Obazuaye (NGR) – (3:10 PM IST)
- Women’s Singles – Sonalben Manubhai Patel vs Sue Bailey (ENG) – (3:10 PM IST)
- Women’s Singles – Bhavina Hasmukhbhai Patel – Daniela di Toro (AUS) – (3:10 PM IST)
- Men’s Singles – Raj Aravindan Alagar – George Wyndham (SLE) – (4:55pm IST)
- Women’s Singles – – Baby Sahana Ravi vs Gloria Gracia Wong (SZE) (9:40 pm IST)
- Women’s Singles – Bhavina Hasmukhbhai Patel vs Ifechukwude Christiana Ikpeoyi (NGR) – (10:15 p.m. IST)
- Women’s Singles – Sonalben Manubhai Patel – Amanda Jane Tscharke (AUS) – 10:15pm IST
- Men’s Singles – Raj Aravindan ALAGAR vs Isau Ogunkunle (NGR) – (12:00 AM IST/Thursday)
- Men’s 109kg – Lovpreet Singh – 02.00 PM IST
- Women’s 87kg – Purnima Pandey – 06.30 PM IST
- Men’s 109kg – Gurdeep Singh – 11 PM IST.
Commonwealth Games 2022 LIVE Updates: Badminton is among the most admired sports in India. The Silver medal in the CWG will go a long way in making the game even more popular and ensuring more people pursue it in the times to come.
– Prime Minister Narendra Modi after India mixed badminton team won silver medal
Commonwealth Games 2022 LIVE Updates: PM Modi wishes India’s mixed badminton team
Congratulations to the Indian badminton team of @srikidambi, @satwiksairaj, @buss_reddy, @lakshya_sen,… https://t.co/UENGe12Pld
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 1659496178000
Commonwealth Games 2022 LIVE Updates: Australia leads with 106 medals so far
Commonwealth Games 2022 LIVE Updates: India Ranks 6th
India is placed 6th on the medal tally with a total of 13 medals in its bag. India has won five gold medals, five silver and three bronze so far.
Commonwealth Games 2022 LIVE Updates: Day 5 Recap
- Indian quartet of Lovely, Pinki, Nayanmoni & Rupa beat South African team 17-10 in Women’s Fours Final to win the elusive gold medal in the event for the first time.
- India’s men’s table tennis team won gold medal after beating Singapore in the final
- India’s mixed badminton team won the silver medal after losing to Malaysia 3-1. Olympic medalist PV Sindhu had helped India rebound from the men’s doubles defeat.
- Weightlifter Vikas Thakur won silver in the men’s 96kg category. He lifted a total of 346 kg to finish second