What you’ll want to learn about Saturday’s recreation between the Dallas Stars and NY Islanders at American Airways Heart.
Recreation 18: Dallas Stars (10-5-2, 22 factors) vs. NY Islanders (11-7-0, 22 factors)
When: Saturday, November 19 at 7:00 pm CT (1900)
the place: American Airways Heart – Dallas, TX
TV: Bally Sports activities Southwest (Josh Bogorad, Daryl “Razor” Reaugh, Lauren Callender, Brien Rea, Brent Severyn, Michelle McMahon)
Radio: The Ticket 96.7-FM, 1310-AM (Josh Bogorad, Daryl “Razor” Reaugh, Owen Newkirk, Bruce LeVine)
Reside statistics: NHL Recreation Heart
Celebration on PNC Plaza: 5:00 p.m. CT (1700); Music supplied by Jake Odin and the Marching Band
Hook, line, and sinker
- The Stars face the New York Islanders Saturday night time at American Airways Heart for the primary of two conferences this season. The groups will shut out the season sequence Jan. 10, 2023 in New York.
- The Stars have gained 5 of their final eight video games (5-2-1) in opposition to the Islanders. Over that span, they’ve outscored the Islanders 28-18 (+10), and have gone 4-for-18 (22.2%) on the ability play and 16-for-20 (80.0%) on the penalty kill.
- At house, the Stars have defeated the Islanders in two consecutive contests (2-0-0) and in 5 of their final seven (5-2-0).
- Final season, the Stars went 1-1-0 in opposition to the Islanders, profitable their most up-to-date match up by a margin of 3-2 at house.
- forwards Denis Gurianov (1-1–2) and Tyler Seguin (1-1–2) every tallied two factors in opposition to the Islanders in 2021-22. ahead Radek Faksa tallied his fifth profession shorthanded marker (1-0–1) in opposition to the Islanders on April 5 with a objective that served because the game-winner.
- Gurianov has earned factors (3-1–4) in three consecutive video games in opposition to the Islanders, held off the scoresheet in solely one in every of his 4 profession video games in opposition to them.
- Seguin has earned factors (1-1–2) in two straight video games vs. New York and leads all present Stars in targets (8), assists (13) and factors (21) in opposition to them.
- protection man ryan suter He has earned an help in three of his final 4 video games (0-3–3) in opposition to the Islanders, contributing to a complete of 12 factors (1-11–12) in 21 profession video games.
- goaltender Jake Oettinger He has made two appearances in opposition to the Islanders, incomes a 1-1-0 document, a 2.53 goals-against common and a .889 save share.
- ahead Jason Robertson earned an help (0-1–1) Thursday night time vs. Florida, extending his level streak (9-10–19) to 10 video games, the longest streak of his profession.
- Robertson has recorded at the least a degree in 14 of 17 video games in 2022-23, held off the scoresheet solely thrice.
- Since Nov. 1, the Arcadia, California native has tallied 16 factors (7-9–16) via eight video games, rating second within the NHL over that span.
- The 23-year-old leads the Stars and shares fourth within the NHL in factors (11-15-26). He additionally leads the membership and shares fifth within the league with 11 targets. He holds the staff lead in assists and shares the league lead with three game-winning targets.
Blitz like Hintz
- ahead Roope Hintz added two targets (2-0–2) Thursday night time vs. Florida, extending his level streak to 10 video games (6-9–15).
- By means of 17 video games this season, Hintz ranks second on membership with 14 assists, ranks second with 22points (8-14–20), and ranks third in targets (8). Since Nov. 1, he has earned 13 factors (5-8–13) in eight video games, sharing sixth within the NHL over that span.
- The 26-year-old has added seven factors (1-6–7) on the ability play and has added one objective (1-0–1) on the penalty kill. He has averaged 2:19 minutes of energy play time per recreation, on the ice for 54.6 p.c of the staff’s whole energy play time, rating third on the membership.
- The Tampere, Finland native additionally shares first on the membership with a +12 score and ranks second with 1.29 factors per recreation.
This story was not topic to the approval of the Nationwide Hockey League or Dallas Stars Hockey Membership.